Without volunteers our job would not be possible.
Volunteers lend their time, energy, and talents to keep this shelter operating.
At the shelter, volunteers work with the animals and may be called upon to walk, clean, feed and dip the animals.
Other duties may include photgraphing the animals, grounds keeping, coordinating animal rescue groups, arranging for transportation of animals and working in the office.
Volunteers also assist with organizing and participating in special events such as animal vaccination clinics, dip day, the annual shelter cleanup day, fundraising, special events, nursing home visits.
Volunteers must be
- Sixteen years old or older
- Able to provide four hours of service per month
- Able to commit to one scheduled shift per week if volunteering to walk dogs.
- Able to commit to scheduled volunteer times.
- Able to squat, bend, twist, lift, or stand for long periods when working directly with the animals.
- Able to work efficiently and politely when dealing with the public, staff and other volunteers.
To become a volunteer, you must first fill out the Volunteer Profile and Waiver.
Mail it (P O Box 1665 Vernon TX 76384) or drop it by WHS (2801 Sullivan St, Vernon TX)
After receiving your application, one of the volunteer coordinators will contact you to schedule your duties.